Whenever you use www.gilkes.com we will collect certain information or data about you and your visit to our website.
We may collect information about you for the following reasons:
- In order to process any online orders or enquiries you might make via our website
- If you choose to subscribe to news updates, in order to provide those updates to you
- Data about the way in which you have used our website may be collected, in order to improve the way it works
We will be collecting:
- Search terms you have used to either find our website or used on our website, a record of all browsing behaviour including links clicked. This is done via a cookie which is set on your first arrival to our website and the contents of any form you submit to us.
- Information that will help us contact you in the future like: name, company name, address, phone and email.
- Information on engagement with the emails and SMS messages you receive from us.
- The IP address your router freely transmits to our web servers.
- Your browser user agent, as freely transmitted by your computer. This includes your browser build information, your device type and your computer’s operating system. We will retain all personal information disclosed by you to us, we will not seek to append personal data from external sources.
This data will be used to:
- Improve the content and relevance of what we send to you,
- Help improve the content we display on our website,
- Answer any questions you may have submitted and retain this information to ensure a fast and effective service in the future,
- Provide you with the fastest access to the latest content relevant to you,
- Ensure we remain compliant under the terms of the GDPR.
We will not be collecting:
- Information about browsing habits outside of our own domains (www.gilkes.com)
- Personal information relating to you and your private life, such as gender, age.
Where do we store your data?
We only store data on our own hosted servers, which are based in the UK and are in a secure environment. Your data will never be transmitted outside of the UK, unless you have specifically requested us to do so.
Email and SMS options
By submitting your information into one of the data capture points you are confirming the following:
- You are doing so in your capacity as a representative of your company, or as an individual.
- You are over 18 years of age.
- You are accepting the relevance of our marketing email communications.
- You are providing contact information that will facilitate the communication between Gilbert, Gilkes & Gordon Ltd and you, the client.
- You may use the unsubscribe link, which will be present within the footer of every email we send to you. Your subscription preferences will be updated immediately.
- You may contact [email protected] specifically requesting your removal from our mailing list. Your request will be actioned within 28 days of its receipt. You must include your name and email address for us to ensure its removal.
Please note we cannot accept unsubscribe requests through any other channel.
We will endeavour to ensure your data is transmitted to us using the best practice approaches. It’s important to note, any data you send to us is sent at your own risk.
Once your data is received, it will be stored within the Gilkes secure data environment, where we have robust processes and procedures to keep it safe.
Disclosing your information
We will only pass on the personal information collected if we have a legal obligation to do so. We will not share your information with any Third Parties.
Please ensure you have verified the privacy policies on any external websites before submitting personal information.
Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) you have the right to request the following:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure (or be forgotten)
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automatic decision making and profiling
For more information on GDPR and your rights please see
If you have questions concerning the processing of your personal data you should contact [email protected] In the event that you have not received a response within 30 days you have the right to contact The ICO, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF, Email: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email or telephone: 0303 123 1113.