The Gilkes 25” diameter twin jet Turgo impulse turbine for the Sg Perting MHP in Malaysia was an addition to an existing powerhouse owned by Amcorp Perting Hydro SDN BHD. The existing powerstation was equipped with Turgo units supplied by another manufacturer but for the Sg Perting extension it was decided to turn to the inventor of the Turgo impulse turbine, Gilkes, to ensure that the new project would be a success.
Gilkes were the successful tenderer and working together with their local representive Restu Indah SDN BHD took on the full M&E supply scope, including the importation and delivery of the equipment to the project site and a full installation service using experienced local personnel and Gilkes supervision of installation and commissioning engineers.
The addition to the station was put into commercial operation on time and on budget in April 2015.
SCOPE OF SUPPLY
- Gilkes 25” Turgo impulse turbine
- 2 off 500mm manually operated inlet valves with pressure equalising bypass system
- Synchronous generator 690V/3ph/50Hz, 0.85 PF
- Hydraulic control module
- Generator lubricating oil air blast cooling system
- 690V 2500A rated generator ACB
- 11KV 630A rated outgoing VCB
- PLC control, instrumentation, metering and protection panel with remote communication
- Installation, commissioning and start up
- Commissioned 2015
- Power 2324 kW
- Net Head 165.1 M
- Flow 1760
- Turbine HCTI Twin Jet Turgo