Reporting to the Sourcing Manager, this role is responsible for competitively managing supplier relationships and monitoring risk within the overall supply chain, to ensure that suppliers continually adhere to the Gilkes’ standards for supply and that we source the right materials and goods in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Manage supplier relationships to ensure their adherence to the Gilkes’ standards for supply.
- Evaluate Health, Safety and Environmental, ethical and continuity management policies to ensure suppliers adhere to our expectations and all appropriate national or international standards.
- Continually review your allocated group of suppliers and commodities in order to identify opportunities for savings and other commercial benefits.
- Confidently negotiate with existing and new suppliers to achieve best total cost of ownership.
- Monitor risk within the overall supply chain. Identify and escalate supply issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Take ownership of supplier quality problems. Develop improvement plans with suppliers and internal stakeholders in order to overcome problems. Identify and implement appropriate prevention procedures in response to known problems, and in anticipation of likely issues.
- Maintain the procurement ERP functions.
Required Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- Level 3 qualification in Engineering (or working towards) or equivalent experience.
- Level 2 qualification in Procurement (CIPS) or Business Management (or working toward) would be an advantage.
- Experience of engineering and manufacturing capabilities.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- The confidence and ability to successfully develop relationships and negotiate, both internally and externally.
- MS Office skills and experience of working with ERP systems.
- Ability to travel within the UK (full UK driving licence) together with the willingness to travel overseas.
You will receive a competitive salary, excellent company DC pension scheme, and have opportunities for further professional and academic training, sponsored by Gilkes.
To apply please click here, which will take you to our advert on Indeed.