All the latest from Gilkes
Senior Engineer, Engine Cooling Pumps
20th August 2013
Gilkes manufacture a range of sophisticated pumps for the cooling of diesel engines and supply many of the world???s major diesel engine manufacturers. An opportunity for a Senior Engineer has arisen in this sector of our business. Reporting to the engineering manager you will be responsible for managing a small team of design engineers.
Responsibilities to include:
Skills, experience & knowledge:
- Interpretation of customer requirements & technical specifications.
- Product validation and document approval (incl. structural & fluid calculations, models & drawings, MRP data & BOMs).
- Project management of multiple projects and prioritisation of team workloads.
- Travel to customer???s sites, both in the UK and abroad (must hold UK driver???s license, be able & willing to travel).
- Technical and managerial leadership of a small team.
- Formal qualification in Mechanical Engineering (degree or HNC/HND) with a minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience, preferably manufacturing & rotating machinery.
- Substantial experience of rotating machinery or mechanical design.
- Experienced with the use of 3D CAD systems, SolidWorks, ProE, Inventor or similar would be considered.
- Experienced with the use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Experience of MRP systems.
- Good level of organisational skills.
- Good project and personnel management skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience of interpreting analysis results.
- Experience of using PDM systems.
- Experience of pumps (pump design, pumping systems).
- Experience of 6Sigma.
- Experience of working with TS16949 & APQP procedures.
- Experience of using Geometric Tolerancing to BS8888.
Deadline for applications Friday 30 August 2013. Please send covering letter and CV to email@example.com.
FOR FURTHER ENGINEERING OPPORTUNITES WITHIN GILKES, PLEASE SEE OUR CAREERS SECTION.
Back to News Archive