Service and Refurbishment
Gilkes are pleased to announce the opening of a second Service and Refurbishment Centre in Invergordon, Scotland to run along side the unit in Fort William.
As long as we have been manufacturing hydro turbines and associated control systems, we have also been delivering an after sales service throughout the world to meet our customer's requirements. Whether it is a privately owned standalone 10kW turbine or a 10MW grid connected plant exporting power, Gilkes can meet all you're mechanical and electrical after sales needs.Gilkes also has a dedicated Service and Refurbishment office in Fort William, Scotland. Telephone 01397 600500.
- Tailored long-term electro mechanical service contracts
- Site surveys & condition assessment
- Breakdown service
- Control system upgrades & reprogramming which includes:
- Conversion to digital load governing
- Hydraulic & electric actuated upgrades
- PLC control philosophy programming
- SCADA systems for remote monitoring
- Full hydroelectric plant refurbishment & optimisation
- Replacement turbine components
- Installation & commissioning
- World-class engineering & design
- Plant efficiency improvements
- Project management
- Responsive to customer standards / preferences
- BS EN ISO 9001:2001
Originally installed by Gilkes in 1952 producing 1028kW - refurbished by Gilkes in 2011 now generating 1036kW - providing 11% of Western Samoa's energy needs.