Investing for the Future
Gilkes Pumping Systems continues to grow through development of new product designs in the companyís modern design facilities. We now have vacancies for Mechanical Engineers as follows:
- Interpretation of customer requirements & technical specifications.
- Product design & preparation of documentation, including structural & fluid calculations, models & drawings, MRP data & BOMs.
- Project management of design & development tasks.
- Travel to customerís sites, both in the UK and abroad.
- Formal qualification in Mechanical Engineering to HNC/HND or degree level with a minimum of 3 years mechanical design experience in a relevant industry
- Substantial (10+ years) experience of rotating machinery or mechanical design
- Experience with the use of 3D CAD systems, preferably SolidWorks.
- Experience with the use of MRP systems.
- Experience with the suite of MS Office software, including MS Project.
- Excellent communication & organisational skills.
- Experience of pump design or pumping systems.
- Experience of analysis software.
- Experience of PDM systems.
- Experience of working with TS16949 & APQP procedures.
- Experience of working with Geometric Tolerancing to BS8888.
Deadline for applications: Friday 17th May 2013.
Apprenticeship - Engineer
Are you considering going to University to study for an engineering degree but donít want to run up a significant debt?
Would you like to earn whilst furthering your education?
Then we would like to hear from you.
We have a vacancy for one Apprentice Engineer.
Applicants should have AS or A Level in: Maths, English and a Science or Technology subject.
Training & qualifications offered: Year 1 NVQ2, Year 2 NVQ3, Year 3 National Certificate, Year 4 Gilkes Certificate plus HNC/HND, Year 5 Degree sponsorship.
Deadline for applications: Friday 31st May 2013.
Gilbert Gilkes & Gordon Ltd (Gilkes) has been in existence for 160 years. We operate out of our Head Office in Kendal, Cumbria where we design and engineer cooling pumps for high horsepower diesel engines and design, install and commission hydro electric generation systems. We have a long and proud history of both engineering and manufacturing. We have always been passionate about innovation and engineering and believe in the inherent competence and integrity of British Engineering.
It is against this background that Gilkes seeks to recruit engineers to work in both our Pump and Hydro departments.
If you fall into any of the categories below and are interested in joining Gilkes for a varied and exciting career in engineering, please get in touch.
(a) Experienced mechanical or electrical engineers who are either BTech, HND/HNC or Degree qualified who are looking to further their career in engineering. Gilkes offer the opportunity of a variety of responsibilities, interesting projects, further training and international travel.
(b) Engineering (electrical, mechanical or electronic) undergraduates in their final year at university. Gilkes will welcome approaches from undergraduates who are interested in pursuing a career in engineering. Gilkes offers interesting projects, the potential (and encouragement) for further training and development and will push the individual to attain Chartered status. Gilkes offers a competitive salary, a generous pension scheme and a joining bonus that is designed to make a significant contribution to the final year's costs at university.
(c) Those at school or college undertaking either 'A' levels, BTech or HND/HNC qualification in engineering, mathematics or science subjects. Gilkes is looking to recruit 17 or 18 year olds nearing the end of their secondary education and interested in a career in engineering.
Gilkes will provide the appropriate training and support to enable the individuals to develop as engineers with the ultimate objective of achieving Chartered status.
Each person joining the scheme will be given a
mentor within Gilkes who will provide help and support throughout their
To contact Gilkes please email Sheila Jones (email@example.com) with a brief CV and an indication of what
your aspirations are in joining Gilkes.